Here's an excursion idea for the whole family, because Hiddensee delights young and old alike. You should plan the whole day and not start too late.
The nearest ferry to Hiddensee from the Aquamaris Strandresidenz departs just one kilometre away in the picturesque harbour of Breege. If the departure times don't suit, the port in Dranske is a good alternative. It is only 12 km to Dranske from the Aquamaris.
The ferry from Schaprode runs somewhat more frequently and to all Hiddensee harbours. You can reach Schaprode with the Wittower ferry (so you have two ferry trips each way). The distance from the Aquamaris Strandresidenz to Schaprode is 23 kilometres. As you sometimes have to wait 10 minutes for the Wittow ferry, you should allow approx. 1.5 hours to reach the ferry terminal in Schaprode.
Your car will then remain in Dranske or Schaprode in the ferry company's car park. You can walk to Breege harbour from the Aquamaris Strandresidenz.
The island of Hiddensee is car-free. So you can either take your bikes with you or treat yourself and your children to a leisurely horse-drawn carriage ride around the island. By the way, you can rent bicycles in all the harbours (Vitte, Kloster or Neuendorf). The whole island is easy to explore by bike. From Vitte, for example, it is about 5 kilometres to the Dornbusch lighthouse, Hiddensee's main attraction in the north. You can climb the lighthouse for a fee and enjoy a great view. Hiddensee is about 17 kilometres long and only about 4 kilometres wide.
What do your children like about the family trip to Hiddensee?
- They get to go on a ferry. Maybe even with 2 ferries.
- A horse-drawn carriage ride can be booked on the island.
- The island's main attraction is a lighthouse. The climb up and the view are very exciting. Nearby, on the plateau, there is a breathtaking view of chalk cliffs and the Baltic Sea.
- Cycling on the island is also relaxed, as there are no cars.
- Hiddensee offers beaches almost as beautiful as Juliusruh. So a bathing trip should definitely be planned in summer.
Hiddensee has four main towns: Kloster, Vitte, Neundorf and Grieben.
Departure times, ferry prices and tickets can be found on the website of the Hiddensee shipping company.
<<to the Hiddensee shipping company>>
So much choice of exciting activities for families: